Bookworm

One fried mommy

Over easy? Sunny side up?

This has been a week from you-know-where. One sick kid (or parent) after another. All week long. I was able to survive, barely, only because this week happened to be mid-winter break, and therefore my hubby the teacher was home, too. We’re not out of the woods yet. Daniel, Steve and I still have lingering symptoms, and Lena came down with a fever yesterday. So she probably won’t get to go back to school tomorrow. Oh, please don’t let it be chicken pox!

It’s weird how when you’re in the midst of this morass, even if you’ve been a mommy for nine years and ought to know better, you forget that life isn’t always like this. You forget that your toddler actually does know how to keep himself entertained. You forget that your six-year-old actually does know how to speak without whining. You forget that your nine-year-old actually does have interests besides watching videos all day.

Last night I went to bed super-early (around 9:30). I woke up at what felt like four in the morning, and it was only midnight! I was so happy I almost laughed out loud. I felt like I’d slept half the night, and I still had most of the night to go. I’m full of energy this morning. Time to go check out my daily rounds, and then the Bookworm is gonna come back and write about an actual book!

2 Comments:

  • I can identify. :)

    posted by Blogger mrsd on 10:28 PM  

  • I can relate, too. My husband works very long hrs or travels frequently so it's like being a single mom, in many ways. Sure hope you feel better soon! Thx for the BD wishes about my daughter. :)

    posted by Blogger Gel on 12:51 AM