Bookworm

Symptoms

Last night I dreamed I was visiting Interlochen. Ah, Interlochen, land of the stately pines!

If you click on the link you'll see the web page about Interlochen Arts Camp. They've made a lot of changes since I was a camper there. Back in my day (25 years ago!) it was called National Music Camp, there was just one eight-week session (not nearly long enough), the uniform was strictly enforced, and there was still a Gilbert & Sullivan in the sixth week.

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that Interlochen was what kept me from ending up like Holden Caulfield. Do you know what? At Interlochen it was cool to be smart and talented! I don't know how to say this without sounding immodest, but if at age 13 you were called "brain" and "teacher's pet" and felt vaguely embarrassed about being first chair in band, you can imagine how it felt to be surrounded by brains and teachers' pets and first chairs.

ANYWAY, (and here's the real point of this post) in my dream last night I was visiting Interlochen. I dreamed that they had added a rock 'n roll program and Pete Townshend was giving a master class. I snuck in to watch and made actual eye contact with Pete before I got kicked out because I wasn't registered for the class. All during this incident I was thinking how amazing it was that I was seeing Pete Townshend in the flesh and I couldn't wait to blog about it. Yes, that's right. In my dream, while it was happening, I couldn't wait to blog about it!

When I woke up I immediately thought of Fred's hilarious post about blogging addiction. This anecdote demonstrates two more symptoms: 1) thinking about blogging about an event while the event is occurring; and 2) dreaming about my blog.

Anyone else dream about their blog?

11 Comments:

  • I'l be sure to add these two to the list. It should be funny once I get them all in.

    I don't dream about blogging. In fact, I don't dream about anything anymore because I'm blogging so much.

    posted by Blogger Fred on 11:28 AM  

  • Dreams, nightmares, notepad beside the bed. I blogged about the BA too, but I really loved Fred's!

    posted by Blogger Running2Ks on 7:22 PM  

  • I dreamed that one of my blog friends was sitting by my bed all night one night. I kept waking up and looking around for her!

    posted by Blogger Heather on 7:27 PM  

  • I had a dream about a blog friend I've never met -- our memorable first meeting took place in a library, followed by my almost driving my car straight into a river.

    Wonder what that meant?

    posted by Blogger Suzanne on 8:53 PM  

  • Nope. Never dreamed about my blog.

    posted by Blogger mrsd on 1:46 AM  

  • While I love the dream, I've never dreamed about blogging! Now, putting something in a book - yes, I've dreamed about needing to do that!

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 4:42 PM  

  • Yep. I dream about blogging. And I also compose blog entries while in the midst of events.

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 7:20 PM  

  • Belated "L'shana tova" to you!Don't you love the significance of honey? (Me and my weird mind: I saw Interlochen and thought "Lock Ness Monster.)

    Now back on track to your post: That camp sounds like heaven. Yes, I relate. I was never sent off to camp or any special places outside of school, but I could blog a lot about the teacher's pet, being different b/c of brains "stuff", separation, skipping grades, etc. The camp sounds heavenly!

    You know by my Good Vibrations blog that I love music. Other than rather minor dancing ability, the music gene defintely skipped me. I feel music within me in most everything I do: when I write (especially for poetry) and when I paint, but what emerges from my vocal chords is not of "teacher's pet status." More like spare others from these "sounds" that are nothing like what I hear in my head!

    I've never dreamt about my blogs although I have dreamt about material I might post on a blog, but I don't think that in the dream. What instrument(s) did you play. BTW: Gilbert & Sullivan rock (in a different sense than rock 'n roll ;)

    posted by Blogger Gel on 7:55 AM  

  • Not dreamed about blogging (as far as I can remember...) but constantly dream other mundane crap - work, shopping...blah.

    Your Interlochen deal sounds good. If I'd've had somewhere that intelligence was really valued and encouraged before the age of 17, I might've had a better time as a student.

    Also reminded me of the whole 'band camp' deal from American Pie which really made sense for me - not so much band, but choir, and later in my life. There is a wild intervarsity choral scene in this country AICSA...

    posted by Blogger Mummy/Crit on 8:17 AM  

  • I haven't dreamed about blogging but I do catch myself in every day events wondering if it's blog worthy.

    posted by Blogger Adrienne on 7:01 PM  

  • Hmmm. Some dream, some don't. Maybe I should put up another poll. :)

    posted by Blogger Julie on 2:31 PM