Bookworm

Awwww!

Daniel, age 22 months, is a big babbler but doesn't speak much English yet. We've been eagerly waiting for him to say his siblings' names. This weekend, finally, he did. Big brother Joey is now officially "Doo Doo."

Our whole family has pirate nicknames, too. Me: Black Bill. Hubby: Frankenberry. Joey: Dread Pirate Vane. Lena: Calico Jack McGurk. Daniel: Mad Ned the Executioner. Click here to get your own pirate name.

And now, back to Refuge, which I have to finish in time for my Tuesday evening book group meeting.

5 Comments:

  • ARGH! I be the Mighty Ripper. Argh!

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 10:57 PM  

  • Exciting about sibling name... I have one degree in Speech Language Pathology. Enjoy that book!

    posted by Blogger Gel on 2:29 AM  

  • Yay for Daniel! My youngest son was slower to talk than his brother, and he has a few speech things going on. For example, he says the p sound in place of the f. I think he'll grow out of it.

    (Bob the Builder can 'pix' it.)

    posted by Blogger mrsd on 12:02 PM  

  • julie, love that babbling stage. I kept a dictionary of D'Arcelish which was wild. One of his first words was "d'a" which meant "hot" followed by "pa" which was spiders/spiderweb/balls of cat fur/any unexplained fluff. it got better from there. We finally realised he could say his own name when he was springing out from behind the closed curtains shouting "Dayee".

    He has a lisp, and is a mighty "foofer" (says 'f' for 'th' and 'v' for...[oh bugger, I've just realised this is hopeless without old english symbols, but you'll get my drift I hope] 'th')

    going to find my pirate name now

    posted by Blogger Mummy/Crit on 8:42 AM  

  • It is weird how kids learn to talk. My 6-year-old daughter also used to be a, um, foofer. Now she sometimes overcompensates. I heard her quoting the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk yesterday: "thee thi tho thum!" she said. Her best toddler word was "gabuz" (because). Awww.

    posted by Blogger Julie on 8:26 PM