Bookworm

My family (groan)

At the same time I posted the toddler anecdote (below), I emailed it to my extended family. Here's a sample of their responses:

My sister-in-law: Another resourceful problem-solver in the family! Lack of paint? Snot a problem!

My sister: Why stop at the back of his hand? Offer him a nice, large canvas -- the booger the better!

My brother-in-law: That Daniel is multi-talented -- what will he pick next? Perhaps we're blowing this up into something it'snot. Then again, when a young artist runs at the world, we shouldn't react by turning up our noses (or by making back-handed compliments).

My husband: Well, actually, I think this is all due to a simple misunderstanding. Daniel must have heard us talking about artists from the Flemish school.

Sheesh!

6 Comments:

  • Your extended family sounds a lot like mine!

    Love the new web design.

    posted by Blogger Rhodent on 3:37 PM  

  • That is absolutely hilarious. And I love the new look by the way!

    posted by Blogger Sleeping Mommy on 10:45 PM  

  • Witty family! :) Only problem with that kind of painting is you need a lot of cold germs to keep yourself supplied in 'paint'.

    Love, love, love your new design! Love how her hair is flipped over while she reads. Love how the letters act as a bench. The only thing I would change would be the sock colors. But that's just me.

    You're going to get a lot of people asking you for blog design help! I'm very proud of you. :)

    posted by Blogger mrsd on 12:56 AM  

  • Full disclosure: I didn't draw the girl with the book. I downloaded her. But I could easily change the color of her socks. What color d'you think they should be, mrsd? Hey, I know! I'll give her those tube socks that we used to wear. White with three colored stripes around the top. Remember those?

    posted by Blogger Julie on 7:41 AM  

  • I can hardly believe that that they all responded with a pun....what a family you have!

    Love the new design too. I have lots of catching up to do - I've been away.

    posted by Blogger Mummy/Crit on 10:18 AM  

  • Julie,
    It's the orange color at the bottom that is throwing me off. :)

    mrsd

    posted by Blogger mrsd on 11:09 AM