Bookworm

Who was I kidding?

What ever made me think I could go four months without blogging?

It's been five weeks and withdrawal has been severe. Unlike some bloggers, I've never had trouble thinking of "what to write." The only trouble I've ever had is finding the time to write it. And finding the time to visit my blogroll. A lot has happened in the last five weeks, and not writing about it was painful. Here are some highlights.

Daniel is (mostly) potty trained. Parenting tip: when toddler asks to wear diaper, assent enthusiastically. "Sure, honey! You can wear one at bedtime."

Lena lost her first tooth and has advanced from "Twinkle, Twinkle" to "Lightly Row" on her little violin. (For those not in the know, "Lightly" is the second song in Book One of the Suzuki Method. A very big deal.)

Joey is . . . still his usual, inimitable self. After his martial arts class we are standing by the front desk in the "pro" shop and he suddenly says to me: "Hey, mom! You know Baskerville Old Style? Doesn't it have an interesting uppercase J?" Oh, how my typography-loving heart swelled with pride. May you all experience the joy of knowing that you have successfully passed along your most deeply-held values to your children.

Business is going well. It must be. The reason I know this is because yesterday in the mail I received a 350-page catalog from this company, addressed to my business name. Oh ha ha! Steve and I had a jolly old time riffling through the catalog. Hey, we could purchase and install an industrial-strength GOJO dispenser in the downstairs bathroom! I could get a back support belt for the times when Daniel demands to be carried! We could buy Chinese Takeout Containers -- thousands of them -- for storing leftovers! Oh ha ha!

I've also read some interesting books, which I think I'll write about separately. Stay tuned.

Dang, it's good to be home.

16 Comments:

  • Hooray! Glad you're back. You've been missed!

    posted by Blogger Phantom Scribbler on 9:53 AM  

  • I was once both insulted and complimented at the same time, when I designed wrote an online help for a gigantic product and the programmer's first comment was, "Nice fonts." It didn't stop me from hitting him, though.

    posted by Blogger SavtaDotty on 10:15 AM  

  • Welcome back! Nice try. ;)

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3:25 PM  

  • Very glad to see you back among the the blogsphere again!

    posted by Blogger Unknown on 10:31 PM  

  • Welcome back! I know the joys of having a potty trained child...

    posted by Blogger mrsd on 11:12 PM  

  • Hey! Glad to see you back, though equally glad your business is chugging along.

    posted by Blogger martha on 11:34 AM  

  • yay! glad to see you're back and sorry (but glad for me) the you coudn't hack it on sabbatical

    posted by Blogger Mummy/Crit on 6:01 AM  

  • Glad you're back! Missed you!

    posted by Blogger Suzanne on 1:10 PM  

  • It's great to see you back!

    posted by Blogger Kate S. on 1:42 PM  

  • Whohoooooooooooo! Welcome back! Now you're spared the 25 page email draft I had filed away for you. I felt too guilty (you know, it's an ethnic curse... ;), to email you even one sentence and be the cause of distraction from your job, so I read instead. I knew you'd approve of that distraction; however, I had no one but my book groups to discuss the books with.

    Here, I had finally managed to read three books in one week, which used to NOT be a feat until I was working 2 jobs. Yes, I'll post about them, but no promises as to when.

    I, too, can always find something to write about. My hangup is that I edit it in my mind and don't post it. I'm a bit too perfectionistic and need to be more laid back like when I began my blogs.

    ROFLMAO regarding your son's comment about the font! :)

    posted by Blogger Gel on 9:17 AM  

  • Glad you're back! We are waiting for our 3 1/2 year old to be completely potty trained, he's currently at 98%. But man, I gotta say I hate having to run to a bathroom with one nowhere in sight.

    posted by Blogger Gina on 5:20 PM  

  • Congratulations on moving to Lightly Row! *clap clap* I know what a big deal that is, ohhhh yeah. My (silly) child wasn't tired of Twinkles at all, but I must say that hearing those first few notes of something *else* was pretty much an ecstatic experience. :)

    posted by Blogger Lydia Netzer on 8:44 AM  

  • I love, love, love the Baskerville comment.

    posted by Blogger purple_kangaroo on 10:53 PM  

  • All we can do is what works for us. I don't have the time these days to make my rounds to my blogroll either. Sometimes I might make it by once a week but that's if it's a good week.

    Anyway, this site is primarily for you. So WRITE! And don't worry about whether you can make it around to visit everyone or not. You know?

    Glad to see you back.

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 12:40 PM  

  • Glad you're back!

    I'll go in on the chinese food containers with you-nothing more exciting than having enough storage.

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 9:54 PM  

  • Missed you!!!!

    posted by Blogger Liz Miller on 10:51 PM