Bookworm

Blognotes

I feel like it's been forever since I last checked in with the blogosphere. I feel out of the loop and honestly, I wish no one would ever post more than twice a week. It's so hard to catch up.

Not only that, but Blogger ate my beautiful template, so as a quick-fix I installed one made by somebody else (gulp!). I don't even have anything to say, except that I've been really busy and will continue to be really busy for the next few days. So I guess I'll just treat y'all to some random thoughts.

* * *

Why is the d**n dog shedding so much right now? Aren't they supposed to do that in the spring? You would not believe how disgusting my house is. And if it's so disgusting that even I am disgusted, that is indeed disgusting. I have a very high tolerance for filth and grime. I learned it from my mom, whose non-housekeeping footsteps I've faithfully followed. (Though, INTJ that I am, my filthy house is extremely well-organized.)

* * *

And while we're on the topic of animals, guess what's outside by our back porch? (Hint: we have two cats who both go outside.) Yep, the hind legs and tail of a chipmunk -- in one piece.

* * *

And a cute kid anecdote. Lena's backpack bit the dust so we picked out a new one this afternoon:

Lena: Mom, will my new backpack last longer than the old one?

Me: Probably not.

Lena: How do you know?

Me: Well, it's pretty cheaply made. [Purchased at Meijer on sale for $9.99. Pink. My Little Pony.]

Lena: How do you know?

Me: Oh, I can just tell.

Lena: How can you tell?

Me: [launches into a boring description involving cheap fabric, style, place of purchase, etc.]

Lena: [triumphantly] It's a mother's instinct!

* * *

Tonight I'm going to the library to hear Elizabeth Kostova talk about The Historian. I can hardly wait!

In a few days my current project will be all over and then I'll be at leisure to reinstall my template and blogroll and post a report on Ms. Kostova.

4 Comments:

  • Bad Blogger, bad, bad, blogger!

    posted by Blogger Unknown on 1:21 PM  

  • Guess what we are reading in book club this month? Kite Runner!

    posted by Blogger Heather on 4:36 PM  

  • Glad you're back, even without the banner. You know I only visit to check out your banner anyway. I'm with you on the hard to keep up thing. Let it go for more than two days and it becomes a burden instead of a pleasure to catch up.

    posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 11:11 PM  

  • Well, I usually post less than the amount you mentioned; it just depends on my mood, time, and how badly insomnia is striking. Oh, another in common. I have a filthy but very well-organized house! I would love it to gleam though, but if I stopped to dust and wash wordwork, I'd never paint or write, let alone horse around with my kids or chase hubby w/ or w/out props ;). We know which is more important!

    posted by Blogger Gel on 3:58 AM