Bookworm

Statistics 101

Just to recap: my non-blogging friend Leslie has this theory that people tend to like either Life of Pi or Kite Runner, but not both. She and I, by the way, both liked the former but not the latter.

Five people who had read both books voted in the poll, certainly a statistically significant sample. Out of the five, three liked one but not the other. One liked both, one disliked both. I think this is pretty good support for Les's theory. I've been trying to get her to write a guest post that would give a reason for this phenomenon, because frankly I can't come up with much. The two books are sooooo different on so many levels. Would anyone else who's read both care to take a stab at it while we wait for Les?

Anyway, I'm taking down the poll now. I'm sorry about the popup ads; I didn't know that would happen. Thanks for voting, if you did.

3 Comments:

  • I saw Life of Pi at the bookstore last week and I really want to read it. I'm intrigued by your thougts especially since I really like the Kite Runner.

    I'll let you know what I think if I ever get my butt to the library to check it out.

    posted by Blogger Adrienne on 5:31 PM  

  • Ran into your blog in Blog Explosion and even though I can't comment about the books, I thought I'd say that I love the layout and look of your blog.

    posted by Blogger Bunny on 8:52 PM  

  • I also had one of those poll thingamajiggys until I realized the pop-up ads started showing up. Down it came!

    posted by Blogger Fred on 2:12 PM