Bookworm

Guilty Pleasures

Ok, we don't have tv; we just use it as a video monitor. But we're not totally out of it. For the past few evenings after the kids are in bed, Steve and I have been watching 3 or 4 episodes a night of the third season of "24" on DVD. And congratulating ourselves because we get to watch it all at once instead of week by week. And we can pause it while we predict what's going to happen next. Of course, the rest of the world has already seen these episodes, but still!

Ooooh, do we love this show! I've gone 180 degrees on Kiefer Sutherland, who I used to hate. Now I kind of wish he lived next door. And that Chloe is hilarious! And we'd vote for David Palmer for president any day. But mostly, it's so cozy to watch it together. It seems like so much of the time during the school year Steve and I are ships passing in the night. He works long hours, and when he's home, one or the other of us is always with kids or doing household stuff. So now it's winter break and my honey and I are watching "24" like crazy. What could be nicer?

0 Comments: